Monday, December 3, 2012

Natural Crystal Deodorant/Stone Deodorant

Shortly after moving to Texas, I discovered my tried and true deodorant (Dove, if you must ask) just wasn't working for me any more. I spent the next couple months trying new brands only to find that they'd work for a while... that is, until my body acclimated to the new brand... then it would stop altogether. I found a way to trick my body by rotating three different deodorants frequently and that worked alright for the rest of the summer. One day, I decided that there has got to be a better way. While searching Amazon, I found an odd clear rock that so many reviewers swore by. I thought they were nuts and that it couldn't possibly be doing anything. It had to be some sort of successful placebo, driven by wishful thinking. Still, I was intrigued.

Fast forward a few months. I was in Whole Foods, browsing the body care section when I saw a deodorant stone for around two dollars. For that price, I just had to try it once and for all. I quickly became a believer. The stone is made from natural salts that kill off bacteria. This is NOT an antiperspirant, after all, sweating isn't bad... it's only bad when mixed with bacteria, creating a bad odor. To use, simply get it wet and rub on your underarms. It can also be used on feet. I suggest using it twice a day... once when you are fresh from the shower then again towards the end of the day. My husband quickly fell in love with it as well and that $2 stone lasted 2 1/2 YEARS! Its demise came when it was accidentally dropped, shattering into a few dozen pieces.

Deodorant stones can be purchased as just a stone or a stone that is set in an applicator. The applicator variety is about 2-3 times the price, however, the stone inside it is MUCH larger than the loose stone variety. When purchasing a stone in person, I suggest looking at it closely and choosing one with as few bubbles as possible. These bubbles can feel pretty rough against your skin once the stone is worn down to reach one. If your stone gets a rough spot either from an air pocket or from accidentally dropping it, simply take a piece of sand paper and file the rough spot down.

deodorant stone

deodorant stone set in an easy-to-handle applicator


No comments:

Post a Comment